The chia seed was eaten by the Aztecs for strength and endurance and was a main staple food along with corn and beans. 100% pure chia seeds , vegan, gluten-free and raw. Certified Organic from Paraguay.
Use in bars & crackers to bind and in smoothies to thicken.
1. Lose Weight Without Starving 2. Balance Blood Sugar 3. Vegan omega-3 oil
4. Help Prevent Diverticulitis 5. Feel more energized all day long 6. Bake with less fat 7. Cut cravings for food 8. Age-defying anti-oxidants 9. Add to recipes without changing flavour
Certified organic, grown in Canada. Flax seed is special: gluten free, high in omega-3 and fiber and tastes great. Flax (Linum usitatissimum) is a beautiful blue flowered plant grown on the plains of Central Canada and the North Central United States. Modern research has taken great interest in flaxseed. Study after study confirms that the oil and fiber components of flaxseed have wonderful health benefits.
• Flaxseed has a high ratio of Linolenic (Omega-3) to Linoleic (omega-6) fatty acids. While many other plant seeds contain a higher ratio of omega-6 fats, flaxseed is the one of the few seeds that contains a much higher ratio of the essential omega-3 fats.
• Flaxseed oil is one of the richest sources of OMEGA-3 fatty acid, Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) an ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID (EFA). This fatty acid is considered essential, meaning that your body cannot make it but requires it and so must derive all of it from the diet. The average American diet is lacking in this fat. Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. One serving of Organic Whole Flaxseed provides 9 grms of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids.
• Flaxseed is unique in that 48% of its total fat content is omega-3 fatty acids.
• Flaxseed contains very high amounts of DIETARY FIBER, both SOLUBLE and INSOLUBLE. Flaxseed is 28%-35% fiber, 1/3 of which is soluble, and the other 2/3 insoluble. Soluble fiber also plays an important role in maintaining the “good bacteria” in our bowel, like Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria. Insoluble fiber increases the bulk of stools.
• Flaxseed is an outstanding source of many essential nutrients, including: proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, folate, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium, iron, thiamine, copper, zinc, calcium and phosphorus.
PREPARATION & USE OF FLAXSEED
Flaxseed must be finely cut into a meal to get maximum benefits of the OMEGA-3 oil and dietary fiber. We recommend that you buy a coffee grinder and dedicate its use to grinding flax seeds. Once ground, the flaxseeds should be consumed quickly, as the oil inside the seeds oxidizes rapidly.
The recommended daily amount of flaxseeds to eat is about 1–2 Tbsp. The most beneficial amount for maximum nutritional value of ground flaxseed is 2 tablespoons daily. It can be mixed into 10–12 oz. of juice or water. Make sure you use plenty of water when adding flaxseed to your diet.
Ground flaxseed can easily be added on top of dishes including: baked products, stir-fry dishes, soup or stews, cereal and yogurt.
Flaxseed is 35–40% oil so a similar amount may be omitted from any recipe requiring oil that also includes ground flaxseed. Similarly, about 1 Tbls. of ground flaxseed steeped in 3 Tbls. of water for 2-3 minutes will substitute for one egg in recipes. Flaxseed contains NO GLUTEN for those with gluten allergy.
The shelf life of this hemp is very long due to it's low moisture content and is not prone to go rancid. From Saskatchewan and is Certified organic.
ENERGY METABOLISM BOOSTER: Hemp is the highest vegan source of Edestin, a simple protein that is responsible for us keeping healthy. All of our hemp products are raw, containing live enzymes that help you digest your food, increase your energy, boost your immunity and help your body function at its best.
DETOXIFIES THE BODY & REDUCES JUNK FOOD CRAVINGS: Hemp is high in the natural antioxidants Vitamin E, Vitamin C and chlorophyll. That chlorophyll is ideal for minerals, but most valued as a blood cleanser. In addition,
BURNS FAT & SUPPORTS LEAN MASS: Hemp is recognized by the World Health Organization as having a perfect 3:1 balance of Omega 6 to Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids for optimum health. These fats stimulate the body’s natural thermogenic system which actually burns fat. The Essential Fatty Acids in Hemp also help muscle recovery and growth.
EASY TO DIGEST & NON-ALLERGENIC: Hemp does not contain gluten and is free of the enzyme inhibitor found in soy and other legumes and grains which prevent protein absorption and typically cause gas, bloating and other digestion problems. In addition, there are no known allergies to hemp.
Usually oats are heated so they cannot sprout. Also called naked oats and grow without hulls, so they aren't damaged or killed by dehulling. Use for short sprouts, oatgrass, milling or rolled oats. Soak for 2 days, dry, roll and have with nutmilk. Certified Organic. Oats for Gastrointestinal Health- Candida
Einka is an ancient hulled wheat. It is petite, rich in protein, phosphorus, vitamin B6, potassium, antioxidants and amino acids. It contains natural carotenoids that are commonly found in vegetables. Einka has a low gluten content which is reflective of its simple chromosome count of 14. Einka may be small and delicate but it is a nutritional powerhouse that brings conviction to your meal. Some people who have problems with the common wheat find that this one does not bother them.