The Impact of Gut Health in Autoimmunity

Over 23 million Americans suffer from autoimmune disease, and the prevalence is still rising. Although there is no singular cause of autoimmune disease, there have been multiple variables linked to the onset of this condition, including genetics and environmental triggers.
 
Studies have shown that genetic predisposition accounts for roughly 
30% of all autoimmune diseases, but the remaining 70% are the result of environmental factors, like toxic chemicals, diet, infections, and gut dysbiosis.
 
Gut dysbiosis is associated with an increased risk for autoimmune 
disease and increased incidence of infection. One round of broad-
spectrum antibiotics, for example, can decimate the gut microbiome, 
decreasing the microbial diversity for up to two years after the 
medications have left the system.
 
Fortunately, beneficial bacteria that reside in the gut, like Bacterioides 
fragilis, Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, Akkermansia muciniphila, Bacillusspores, and non-infectious Clostridia spp, can all help protect against autoimmune disease through the up-regulation of the T-reg system, suppression of TH-17, restoration of the intestinal mucus layer, and the reduction of systemic inflammation.
 
In this way, reconditioning the gut with MegaSporeBiotic can help prevent and correct autoimmune responses within the body.
 
If you’d like to dive deeper into the connection between the gut 
microbiome and autoimmune disease, our microbiologist and Chief 
Scientific Officer, Kiran Krishnan, recently did a webinar on how the gut microbiome plays a critical role in protecting the human body from 
autoimmune conditions like Diabetes, Crohn’s, Multiple Sclerosis, 
Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, and more. 
Click here to watch now.

 

Shopping cart

View your shopping cart.

User login