Camu is most famous for its mega-C content-containing about 10 % or 30 to 60 times more vitamin C than an orange. Camu also contains a broad range of antioxidants, phytochemicals, amino acids, as well as many vitamins and minerals like beta-carotene and potassium. The powerful elements found in camu have a wide range of therapeutic effects. As a potent, whole food carrier of naturally occurring phytonutrients, camu’s nutrition is greatly superior to man-made pills (isolated forms) as it enables optimum utilization of nutrients within the body. More info
Camu has a broad range of health benefit claims.
- Pain and migraine headache relief
- Helps decrease Depression better than St John's Wort
- Supports brain function
- Supports the lymphatic system
- Supports the heart and improves circulation
- Effective against herpes cold sores, genital herpes, shingles, and Epstein-Barr
- Reduces Inflammation
- Increases Energy and stamina
- Helps decrease feelings of Depression
- Helps fight Gingivitis/Periodontal disease
- Increases Fertility
- Dr. James Duke, former chief botanist for the USDA, considers camu to be the top herb for asthma. In fact, he compared hundreds of botanicals and camu-camu was ranked #1 in effectiveness for asthma, atherosclerosis, cataracts, colds, gingivitis, glaucoma, hepatitis, infertility, migraines, osteoarthritis, pain, and Parkinson’s. Camu was also ranked #2 for depression, #4 as an antioxidant, and #6 as an antiviral.